Saturday, May 06, 2006

A new addition

It’s been only a week since I lost Domino and the house has been so empty.

Yeah, I know I have two other cats, and I do love them dearly. But they don’t seem quite enough to fill the hole in my heart. So I decided to start looking for another fur ball.

I have a wonderful friend who works for Animal Friends as an adoption counselor so Robin and I traipsed over to their new facility and looked at cats. We got to see a 1 week old kitten that was rescued; though its mommy is still not trapped (They are trying). We then looked in the cages and rooms to see lots of fluffy cats, shy cats, crazy cats and all sorts of other cats.

Deciding to get to know a couple of them we sat in a room. After meeting a few, we found the one we decided to bring home. We nearly came home with two, but I really liked having three cats, so we’ll see if a two year old can get along with a 19+ and 11 year old.

So I present, Brigit (At least, that’s what we are calling her for now) (Sorry for the lousy pictures)


5 Comments:

Blogger LisaBe said...

congratulations! how brave :)(and now i know whom to ask for help and advice should i ever try to do the multiple-cat thing!)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

OH she is so adorable!
Three cats is truly entertaining, isn't it??? Ours are racing around the house this morning...some feline game of tag, I'm sure...

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

Hi from Austria! Oh, Brigit is so cute! I think it was such a good idea to get her, she won't ever replace Domino, but now there's someone new to care for, added to your other two cats, and you probably won't have that much time anymore to be sad, no? Have fun with your three little ones!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

oh she is darling!

3:49 PM  
Blogger louise said...

She's adorable! After Bella died we went down to two cats and it does feel empty and what's even weirder is that I don't feel like I have a "my cat" anymore.

I love Brigit's little moustache.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home