Well, I joined up and now I get to put all this revealing information out on my Blog. Enjoy all you lurkers!
Guess I'll have to keep my blog more up-to-date than I have been. :-)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?Definitely. I will use high quality acrylics for babies, and Lion brand does have a few yarns I like.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?Yup to both. I also weave and do beadwork
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?An old silverware chest of drawers I inherited from my Grandmother
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?Avidly since 1992. I’d consider myself pretty advanced.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Not at the present
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)Anything floral, but not too heavy
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?Yup. Good quality dark chocolate covered orange peel, preferably hand dipped. But I’ll eat most anything.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?Beadwork is a passion, as are weaving and spinning. I’ve done pretty much everything else except stuff with hot glass.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)Pretty much anything that isn’t country, rap, or heavy metal. I do like New Age and Classical. I can play pretty much any format put on a cd except MAC software. :-)
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?Purple. I’m a blue/green/purple person. I stay away from most autumn colors.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?3 cats (two very elderly) and one boyfriend. (Do note the order there ;-) )
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Yup to all
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?Brownsheep and most superwash wools. I also knit socks like a fiend
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?Most cheap acrylics that squeak. Also, most 100% cottons are too hard on my hands to knit with comfortably
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?Lace and socks. And thing for my brother’s baby due in March.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Socks, hands down.
17. What are you knitting right now?Uhmm…. I’ll keep it to the top 5 current projects1. Bear ‘rug’ for my brother’s baby2. Christening gown for said baby3. Scarf for myself4. Socks for the boyfriend5. Socks for me
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Definitely
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?Circulars
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Addi Turbos then Denises (I have 3 sets)
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?A few of both
22. How did you learn to knit?First time when I was 7 by my mom, last time by a friend from Iceland
23. How old is your oldest UFO?Non-knitting – about 7 years younger than me, knitting – Probably something I started in 1993, I tend have "start-itis".
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?Cats and parrots, I like Lady and the Tramp from Disney
25. What is your favorite holiday?Dunno that I really have one
26. Is there anything that you collect?Stoneware pottery
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?Interweave and Knitters
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?Not that I can think of, I tend to buy them when I see them
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?Dyeing yarns. I’ll be taking a class in January.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Very much so. 8 ½ size shoe, ankle – 11, foot circ – 9 ½, top of sock to heel bottom – 7, length - 9
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)November 25